Kate Osborn is an admin assistant at LEaF Translations. She began working for LEaF at the beginning of 2022 and has worked on many different translation projects for the company. She enjoys liaising and networking with clients and translators as well as writing case studies and promoting LEAF’s core values.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
An experienced primary school teacher with a specialism in English, Kate started working for LEaF Translations back in 2022.
Her teacher’s eye make her an excellent proofreader and she loves nothing more than sharing her expertise on English grammar with the team and our followers on Instagram and LinkedIn.
Besides proofreading and imparting her knowledge of English grammar, Kate is also an adept multitasker and project manager, thanks to her many years of experience in the classroom.
Her people skills have made her a firm favourite with our clients and translators.
Outside of work, Kate is a keen runner, novice yogi, avid reader and an enthusiastic (but beginner) cook. She also enjoys spending her free time in the great outdoors with her family and friends.
LANGUAGE LOVES & LOATHES
Etymology: study of the origin of words and how the meaning of words has changed over the course of history. “There are so many words which we use in our everyday vocabulary that have fascinating origins and meanings.”
“Misspelt homophones. Your and you’re. It shouldn’t be that hard to get it right! Or do we mean write?”
Articles by Kate
- August Newsletter: Association of Translation Companies, Fare la scarpetta and Feralco
- Turn Over a New LEaF Challenge
- LEaF Translations is the ATC’s August Member of the Month
- July Newsletter: International Emoji Use and Meaning, Extremely long words and Darts Corner
- LEaF Translations joins the Association of Translation Companies
- June Newsletter: Business Culture Around the World, Samar and German idioms
- Team LEaF’s big day out at the FSB Awards
- LEaF Translations shortlisted for the FSB Sustainability Award
- German Translation Case Study: LAKA
Come and meet the rest of team LEaF
LEaF Translations was founded on bold values.
We are a translation and localisation company specialising in marketing, website and SEO translations. Our team of language professionals are highly experienced and true experts in their field.